Changeling the Lost: Shattered Dreams - Denver
Chapter 1 Session 5 - End Summary
Session Journal Catch-up
GM Note - Due to real life issues, I was not able to maintain a detailed journal of the next (ton) of sessions. So, we get an abridged version mixed with my awesome players equally awesome character journals.
- After the authorities show up, the police think that the slaughter was the work of a mad-man and push off the stories of moving scarecrows offered by Lilybeth and Sam. The blood found on the dispatched scarecrow was later analyzed and found to be pig blood and wood alcohol.
- That night, Sam is visited by Kooch who claims to have seen a beautiful girl chained inside of Barker’s mansion. He does not believe that Lilybeth saw Dennis and vows to save the girl from Barker and retrieve the Moneton tomahawk that was taken from him.
- Lilybeth returns home and goes to bed. She wakes to the sound of Nicole sneaking back in who appears obviously distraught and tired, but will not discuss where she has been in any specific detail. Lilybeth goes to sleep and has a dream where the severed head of Running Elk piked on a stick next to her bed. She talks with the head who appologises for what is going to happen to her and tells her cryptically that “blood washes from the hands easier than the soul”.
- Sam returns home and is woken by his distraught father who tells him that a massive iron supply had been discovered under Weirton and that the company would begin to buy up house mortgages and the school property to be demolished and will start to mine the area.
- Brent approached Sam and tells him that Debbie never returned home the night before an asks him to help look for her. They find her strangled to death on a park bench. Brent ironically says that Debbie will never leave Weirton, just like he wished. He immediately says that he regrets making the wish and runs off in his truck.
- Lilybeth is contacted by Silent Hills and is told that her mother committed suicide the previous night. She visits the hospital and finds the thought of suicide to be unbelievable given how happy she was the previous day at the return of her lost daughter.
- A funeral for Debbie is held and Brent acts almost unaffected and cold. Lilybeth spots Nicole watching from the woods and chases after her. Nicole disappears without a trace.
- Later that night, Kooch calls Lilybeth and Sam telling them that something is after him. He is hiding in his house and is afraid to go out. Sam and Lilybeth go to his house and break-in, finding an unidentifiable body (assumed to be Kooch) hacked and stewn around the house. They find ghoul-Dennis covered in blood saying that he tried to “give Kooch the easy way out”, but that Kooch said “he wished that Dennis was still dead. Now he is beyond my (Dennis’s) help”. He attacks and is dispatched by Sam and Lilybeth. Sam is hospitalized from his wounds.
- The next day, Sam and Lilybeth are told by police that Kooch was found to be responsible for all of the killings and that they found Dennis’s mutilated corpse in Kooch’s house along with the dismembered body of his father. Sam, not believing the story, asked to be taken to the hospital to talk to Kooch. Kooch acts obviously different and confesses to the killings. He calls Sam “Rich-Boy”, not “Silver Spoon” like he always did. Sam, disbelieves that this was the real Kooch and asks to shake his hand in parting. Upon taking his hand, Sam’s surroundings change and he finds himself tangled in thorny vines in a vast and thick forest. Standing in front of him is William Shylock, now obviously a skeletal figure, not just a costume. Sam loses consciousness.
- Lilybeth rushes home and finds her sister strangling her grandmother with a silken handkerchief, much like what had killed her mother and Debbie. Nicole is sobbing and says that “she didn’t want any of this, but had no choice”. Lilybeth pulls out her handgun and shoots at Nicole’s head. Before she can see if she hit, her surroundings change and she finds herself tangled in thorny vines being addressed by William Shylock, who introduces himself as “Regret”. He explains that since she and her friends regretted the wishes that he granted, they broke their end of the bargain. They were his. She loses consciousness.
h3. End Chapter 1